Wednesday, October 26, 2005

More rain!

Yes, more rain. No drain. And that results in floods.

I was just able to make it to the office. There was water all over the road. Trudged the engine of my baby bull, Black Beauty, and moved on to my office.

I had packed some dry clothes in my bag, and I got changed and sat at my desk. I was reporting to duty two hours late. I had just made calls to all my team mates that I just reached office, and found that they would not be able to make it, when the DCH(Delivery Center Head), called the handfull of people for the meeting.

Action plan was draw to inform the onsite as we would not be able to provide offshore support for long. Kind of disaster recovery. So, I am back here at my seat, juggling calls to all the onsite people and clients, and I am even able to make a call home. Home in the sense, my parents. You know how hysterical mothers can be watching the flooding scenes on the television and knowing their son is there. It just does not cross their mind that their son could be sitting eleven stories high in dry clothes, working.

I think that is it. I need to work.

Comments:
rains... damn them... i heard they played major havoc in chennai... glad to know you and your bike are fine...

all this rain is just a fraction of the manipal/mangalore rains... maybe these "metro"'s can learn from the "village"'s!!!

Get word verification for your blog...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]