Thursday, October 06, 2005

Regarding obsessions

I wonder sometimes, as to what goes on in the organic mind of people, who have these obsessions. I mean, I am not trying to seperate myself from the people I am referring to. I too have obsessions. More over, as some one said (I cannot quite place, who said it), "The experiment and the experimenter are inseperable."

Coming back to my pondering on obsession, people go to lengths to get satisfied with whatever they are after. There are many instances when the obsession people have, ruin them and at times, become the cause of thier destruction. I sometimes think, how could it be that the evolution that plays by the rule of "Survival of the fittest" came to such a turn, where the entities inflict self-damage with great zeal.

Luckily, I do not have any such obsession, or I atleast think so. I do have quite a few, though. The latest one is my craze to collect all the novels that has been published in the StarWars universe. I recently shelled out about a little more than thousand bucks on a clearace sale, gabbing all the StarWars I could lay my hands on. It is a different story as to how I managed to get the bulk to my house.

It was quite a pleasure for me to watch the begining of my collection. It did not bother me least that it costed me quite a bit of my earnings, and also it just crossed my mind momentarily that I would be now spending quite a few nights without a blink of sleep. I also hope write-up my views on the books I am done with. I may even start a blog on the StarWars novels.

What all we do, for our obsessions?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]