Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Content Management System - Intermission

To CSS or not to?

During the design phase (will be posted here, when it is completed), I was going through many articles and resources. I was also looking out for how best to modularize the final layout. That is when I stumbled across CSS Zen Garden.

Here is the extract from the site:

The Road to Enlightenment
Littering a dark and dreary road lay the past relics of browser-specific tags, incompatible DOMs, and broken CSS support.

Today, we must clear the mind of past practices. Web enlightenment has been achieved thanks to the tireless efforts of folk like the W3C, WaSP and the major browser creators.

The css Zen Garden invites you to relax and meditate on the important lessons of the masters. Begin to see with clarity. Learn to use the (yet to be) time-honored techniques in new and invigorating fashion. Become one with the web.

So What is This About?
There is clearly a need for CSS to be taken seriously by graphic artists. The Zen Garden aims to excite, inspire, and encourage participation. To begin, view some of the existing designs in the list. Clicking on any one will load the style
... read more at CSS Zen Garden


But, the extract serves no purpose. You need to visit the site to realize the beauty of the site. I usually restrain myself from making such remarks but I have to give it to this site.

Going through this site, really affected the personal CMS project I am undertaking. It made me revisit the option of using CSS. Thus I ask, to CSS or not to.

Comments:
Man, you seem to getting more information about CMS everyday. You have managed to kindle my curiosity on CMS. I must find out more about it. Waiting for more posts on CMS.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]